|Home | The Euganean Hills | Euganean project | Informations|
Home :: The Riviera del Brenta
The Riviera del Brenta along the route of the ancient Burchielli.
“Veneto Villa” is dued to a new life-style
introduced in the Venitian domains between the 15th and 16th century.
It lasted for over two centuries until 1797 when the glorious Venitian
Repubblic fell. More than 200 villas were built to show the politic
and economic power of such a great city and still today, they represent
the tradition of the local arquitecture.
The Brenta river connecting Venice and Padua- ideal extension of the
Venitian Grand Canal- became a well-known place of delights with more
than forty luxurious palaces. Here, not far from the city, rich nobles
spent their holidays. We arrive at Oriago, ancient theatre of war between
Padua and Venice that retains “il termine” (ancient
column of the boundary mark) and numerous other villas, including the
cosy Villa Gradenigo, decorated with frescoes by Benedetto
Caliari, Paolo Veronese’s brother.
We admire the great colonnade of Villa Barchessa
Valmarana and its important paintings made by Michelangelo
Mirano offers the Great Goose Game in the square,
with two-meter tables, people in costume, games, street artists and
a lot of geese!
|Copyright © 2004 - 2011 :: Il sito non costituisce testata giornalistica- archivio fotografico: Luca Turrin, Daniele Lubello e Wikipedia
Project & Design by Dr. Luca Turrin :: Tel. +39 328.3779435 :: P.IVA: 04073370282
Con il patrocinio del Parco Regionale Colli Euganei